Object Technology Solutions India Pvt Ltd (OTSI), a global digital consulting and services company, has provided a cost-effective and easy-to-manage software delivery mechanism for network maintenance and release management of BSS and OSS systems to the one of the largest telecommunications companies in the US market. The client offers cellular services and is a major global Internet operator, with an extensive mobile, wireless and Internet network provided by several OEMs including Samsung, Alcatel, Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, Ericsson, Aircel, Huawei, Cisco.
The Organization was facing a myriad of issues related to managing the production of multiple applications and a series of releases with constant product enhancements, resulting in a high rate of change in the production environment. The challenge was to manage the lifecycle management of complex applications and simultaneously ensure high quality delivery and availability. Additionally, challenges included a continuous sequence of big data conversions for active radio network operational metrics that were originally created in the MS Suite (Legacy) system, timely availability of network performance data and analytics, and multidimensional reporting (commercial and operational) .
OTSI has established itself as a reliable vendor partner by developing a robust system that can handle the multi-petabyte load in Live systems while minimizing human assistance. Mix of technology stack used by OTSI included:
- IBM Netezza, IBM DB2/IAS, Teradata, SQL Server 2008 R2
- Horton Works – Cloudera (HBase, Oozie, Hive, HDFS, MySQL), Spark Scala, Shell Script, Kerberos, Rangers, Diyotta
- MSBI / PowerBI, Tableau, Microstrategy
- Core Java, Python, .net, AngularJS, Node.js, REST API, etc.
OTSI was responsible for the complete application lifecycle management from requirements analysis, design, coding and development, testing, UAT support and production support. To ensure that contemporary market demands are met with high quality results, OTSI has assigned a dedicated pool of administrators and domain, technical, application as well as quality assurance experts. The added value includes an average data volume of 60 TB, 11 billion records and 509,000 files processed daily.
The solutions provided included the following:
- End to End Enterprise Big Data DW solution for operational measurement data collection
- Big Data – Assessments, POC and Architecture
- Development of data management solutions and a real-time data processing engine
- Integration, calculations, KPIs, aggregations and data processing of several OEMs
- Support for various data sources such as performance counters, CDRs, and field/drive test results; Scalable for any number of input data and retention periods
- Application platform support, test case management and traceability, test data management, manual test case conversion via scripts, performance testing using HP LR, etc.
- OTSI has further improved the performance of network efficiency, round-the-clock production support, and ETL process maintenance
“We have a well-balanced team that includes SMEs in the Telecom field; Business Requirements Consultants; Technical architects and administrators for Big Data and Hadoop; MPP architects and developers for Netezza DB2/IAS, Teradata; Analytics architects and developers for MSBI/PowerBI, Tableau, Micro Strategy and Customized Analytics delivered via Java, Python, .net, AngularJS, Node.js, REST API, etc. Our team has successfully helped clients create industry best practices and the ability to manage multiple petabytes of data in a highly complex architecture.
OTSI has worked with some of the largest telecommunications operators in the world, including Ericsson, T Mobile (formerly Sprint Corporation), Penton, Socan, etc. Our team of quality experts are well versed in the domain and technology of the telecom industry and are instrumental in achieving high quality deliverables for our clients,” said Narasimha Gondi, Founder and Executive Chairman, OTSI.
About OTSI Pvt. ltd.
Object Technology Solutions India Pvt Ltd (OTSI), a global digital services and consulting company. The company has over 22 years of experience in digital transformation of over 100+ Fortune 100, 500 and 1000. The company has over 2000 people of deep expertise working in various industry verticals. Since 2010, the company has built significant business in India to serve the digital transformation and consulting needs of public, enterprise, government and private sector players.
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas with a presence in North America, South America, Asia Pacific and with a global delivery center based in India. OTSI focuses on specific industry segments such as BFSI, Health and Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Communications and Multimedia Entertainment, Engineering and Telecommunications, Retail and Consumer Services, High Tech, Manufacturing, Engineering, Logistics of transport, Government, Defense and PSU.